Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SuperQueeros for 9/30/2009

Today I'm starting a new weekly tradition: SuperQueeros! Each week I'll bring you a summary of which new comics are featuring LGBT(etc.) characters! Now, I'm no Kiden Nixon, so I may miss one or two. If you spot an omission, please let me know in the comments section and I'll correct it tout de suite!

This Week in Comics:



Gotham City Sirens #4 - Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn have always blipped my gaydar, and, though the wiki articles on Ivy and Harley don't specifically say they have an overtly romantic relationship, there's definitely been a lot of Sapphic speculation (especially on my part). What say you, betches? Are these two the Mystique and Destiny of the new century?




Justice Society of America #31 - So Obsidian was an egg. And, from what I can tell from the preview released by DC, he's now a mortally-wounded ex-egg under the knife in a building being rocked by a superhero brawl. Anyone reading this? Is our boi more than just a fetchingly-colored piece of furniture?

EDIT: I just picked up this title and can confirm that Obsidian is still, literally, a background character. "Egg-sidian" is sitting pretty under an incubator lamp, waiting for the JSA Flash to hatch him, while Mr. Terrific is under the knife. Either way, this is not a good issue for black people.





New Mutants #5 - Karma, my favorite of the '90's pink-haired lesbians, has moved on from whatever job she had during Academy X (I think she was actually the school's sexy librarian) and is now back with her original teammates, kicking butt as both a New Mutant and an active X-Man. This week the kids reunite with the long-dead Warlock and we get to "see the effects of Utopia X." Sounds like some hot lezbian wangst to me!





Runaways 3 #14 - This may be the last issue in Runaways Volume 3 or just the conclusion of the latest storyline: I've scoured the internet, but can't find a clue as to the fate of this title. Any Betches know? Let's hope that the resurrected team member isn't Mickey Mouse and cross our fingers for Xavin, shall we?




X-Factor #49 - One issue away from number 50! Congrats, Peter David! This issue was teased with the line "Shatterstar gets a milkshake! Or does he?" and I for one hope he does. From Rictor. SQUEE. But whatever happens, this title will definitely deliver on the gay goods and we here at Scarlet Betches will be betching about it on the next podcast!

Until next week!
-Anthony

0 betches:

Post a Comment